11 commitments Bishop Agyinasare want from Akufo-Addo, Mahama
The Founder and General Overseer of the Perez Chapel, Bishop Charles Agyinasare, has highlighted 11 things that the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and National Democratic Congress (NDC) need to do ahead of the 2020 elections.
The Bishop who come under a barrage of criticism maintained that the 10 points will be antidote to the challenges facing the country.
According to him, the campaign of the two major political parties must be people-oriented in order for the parties to obtain the votes of electorates.
- Deliver to us a civil service that is non-partisan and will not be afraid when government change.
- Complete and utilise projects started by previous government.
- Tribal politics will not be upheld.
- The government will not spend our money recklessly by incurring judgement debts and excessive borrowing.
- Politicians will not have different rules applied to them than the citizens
- [Campaign] Team will not insult their opponents.
- The one that wins will be swift to fight corruption.
- The political class will not sideline other pillars of the society.
- They will ensure that our democracy will allow us freedom of speech.
- Whoever is in power will allow a strong opposition TV and radio stations because without strong opposition we are a one party state.
- journalists to desist from mixing the facts with emotions, noting that this is a critical year and must be handled delicately.