24-year-old Nigerian arrested over murder of hospital cashier

Source The Ghana Report

The National Intelligence Bureau(NIB) has reportedly arrested a 24-year-old Nigerian, Gideon Vitalis in connection with the murder of a cashier at the Twumasiwaa General and Specialist Medical Centre.

32-year-old Patience Quaye, who worked at the centre was allegedly found dead in a store room at the facility on Wednesday, March 8, 2023, after she had been missing for days.

She reportedly went to work on the night of  Monday, March 6 but did not return home.

According to reports, the suspect once worked at the facility as a storekeeper but was fired for stealing.

He allegedly sneaked back to the hospital to steal from the cash point but run into Patience and a confrontation ensued, which led to her death.

Vitalis then used her phone to send a message claiming she had been kidnapped and demanded a ransom of GH¢20,000.00 from the family.

He also issued a 24-hour ultimatum for the delivery of the money.

This got the attention of NIB operatives who quickly sprung into action.

A report by Daily Guide indicates that the suspect left his Madina location for Koforidua, where he was traced and arrested at the Koforidua Central Market.

NIB operatives have confirmed that he had in his possession the victim’s phone, the SIM of which they have retrieved.

During interrogation on March 11, 2023, the suspect gave a graphic description of how the deceased died.

According to him, the victim fell and hit her head on the floor while he struggled to take the cash point key from her.

The family of the deceased had, however, accused the hospital of murdering their relative.

According to the family, the position in which the body was found suggested she might have been strangled.

They also suspected foul play since the decomposing body was found next to the office of the Medical Director and the Out-Patients Department.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You might also like