Do You Still Need A Degree To Be Successful?
Many of us think that our success will be determined by a college degree, an MBA online, or a master’s degree.
You can reach a lifetime of success without any degree, but there will be challenges along the way. Though everything in life comes with challenges, we should not be afraid to face them head-on.
The reality is that a college degree certainly can help in the steps you take to create a prosperous career. Still, that isn’t all it takes. If you are hard-working and determined, you could opt for learning on the job or doing part-time studies to further the field of work you are already in. Of course, suppose you are in a particular area of work.
In that case, they might require you to further your studies to climb the ladder in their business – however, this doesn’t mean a degree is needed to get your foot in the door to a great career.
You can achieve success without a degree if you are goal-oriented and your head is screwed on right. You will need to be self-determined and be able to market yourself to prospective bosses. In the end, you will need to decide if you want to gain your education through an institution or in a job.
Think about this: if you think you need an MBA online degree or a professional marketing master’s, remember that Bill Gates was announced the wealthiest man at the ripe age of 19. Mark Zuckerberg owns the most high-value tech company in the U.S.
They seem to put everything into perspective!
How Can You Succeed Without a Degree?
Maybe you have tried the college route and found that it didn’t work for you, or after high school, you realized you never want to go through the university process. You may be wondering how you can succeed in life without college.
Here is what you need:
- Your Eye on the Goal: You need to have a long-term goal and stick to your plan of achieving it, whether that be getting an MBA online while working or simply never going down the college route, don’t stray. Keep your eyes on the prize.
- Motivation: As with most things in a work environment, to be successful you need inspiration, so find ways to motivate yourself. When you are motivated, you will work harder. This will be essential if you are approaching life without credentials.
- Support: Though this is a bonus, and many without degrees have achieved success without support, it will be to your advantage to have friends and family on your side that can help provide you with opportunities.
- Marketing Strategy: Whether you have a degree or not, marketing yourself is an essential part of career and life success. You will need to learn how to talk to people and how to sell yourself for the job you are after – if you don’t have a degree, this could be a bit harder, but it’s not impossible.
Different Forms of Education To Try:
Let’s look at the different forms of education you can opt for if you don’t want to go down the traditional route:
- Certifications: Yes, certificates are lower than degrees, but they give you an easily accessible route to gain knowledge about something and get some sort of credentials.
- Apprenticeships: These have been going for a very long time, and it is a good way for you to learn while earning! After completing your apprenticeship, you will receive a “” Certificate of completion.”
- Real Life: Not even an MBA online can prepare you for the real-world experiences out there. Although some may beg to differ, this is the route that I believe gives you the greatest life experience. You learn about a variety of fields and how to work in different environments.
No matter what route you decide to take, whether it be college, getting an MBA online, or real-life experience, one thing is for sure, to achieve anything, you will need to work hard and be self-motivated.
Anything can be achieved through a motivational mindset!