PREP TIME: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 5 minutes
Healthy Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe For Heart, Skin And Brain Health
Simple healthy overnight oats recipe with oats, chia seeds, nut butter and berries! This easy vegan breakfast is filled with fiber, protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is the perfect way to start your morning.
- 1/3 cup oats (use gluten-free oats, if you’re on a gluten-free diet)
- 1/3 cup almond milk or water
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey /agave/maple syrup
- 1/2 cup berries
- 2 Tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- Before you go to bed mix in a small tupperware/jar oats, chia seeds, almond milk or even plain water, sweetener (agave/maple syrup). Make sure that all parts are combined well, stirring around 1 min. Close lid and leave in the fridge over night or at least for 5 hours.
- In the morning: Top with berries of your choice, I used blueberries and raspberries, nuts (I usually like almonds and peanuts because they’re very crunchy and make my heart melt) and nut butter – I love peanut butter, so that’s what I used. Almond butter goes well with these too.
If you’re using frozen berries and want to eat the overnight oats right away – add them to your oats the night before, so they can thaw. If you’re taking them on the go, having the frozen berries will keep this breakfast cold for longer, which I love especially when it’s hot outside.