-Advertisement-

Hearts vs Kotoko London clash: Sports Ministry warns tour operators

Sports Minister, Isaac Asiamah

The Ministry of Youth and Sports has warned that it will not hesitate to cancel the Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko match scheduled for London on March 7, 2020.

The Ministry’s warning followed reports of possible exploitation of Ghanaians by some travel agencies through visa acquisition.

The ministry has issued a directive to tour operators, organising visas for supporters who wish to travel for the game, to remove non-refundable clauses in their financial packages for the trip.

The ministry has, in turn, warned the public to be careful by thoroughly reading every agreement before making any financial commitments.

In a statement, the Ministry said it has learnt that, over the years, the travel agents had been engaged in such practices to shortchange innocent Ghanaians, most especially those who were unsuccessful in their visa application process.

“The Ministry is, therefore, serving notice to the organisers that, it won’t sit aloof for any Ghanaian to be cheated and is asking the organisers to monitor the actions of these travelling agents,” the statement said adding that it “would not hesitate to intervene to salvage any Ghanaian and if possible take a strong decision on the game.”

Read the full MOYS statement below:

It has come to the attention of the Ministry of Youth and Sports that some tour operators who are organizing supporters and visa applicants for the impending  Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko match that would be staged in London on March 7, have introduced non-refundable clauses in their financial packages for the trip.

The Ministry is cautioning the general public to be careful by thoroughly reading the entire agreement before making any financial commitments.

The Ministry has learnt that, over the years, that has been the practice by some traveling agents to shortchange innocent Ghanaians most especially those who were not successful in their visa application process.

The Ministry is therefore serving notice to the organisers that, it won’t sit aloof for any Ghanaian to be cheated and is asking the organizers to monitor the actions of these travelling agents.

The Ministry would not hesitate to intervene to salvage any Ghanaian and if possible take a strong decision on the game.

Issued by the Communications Directorate

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You might also like