Jury will not visit JB Danquah’s crime scene – Judge

The Accra High Court has refused a request to have jury members in the murder trial of Abuakwa North MP Joseph Boakye Danquah-Adu visit the deceased’s residence.

Counsel for the accused persons Yaw Dankwa had made a passionate appeal to have the seven-member panel visit the crime scene, a request he said was material to the case.

Mr Dankwa said the jury needed to see the physical features of the crime scene to enable them to appreciate the arguments from both sides.

“The visit to the crime scene is not only helpful to the jury, but the witnesses and defendants witnesses if they are to open their defence,” he insisted.

The prosecution, however, objected. Chief State Attorney Sefakor Baste said it was not automatic to have jury members visit crime scenes before delivering its verdict.

In the ruling, High Court Judge Lydia Osei Marfo indicated that counsel for the accused had not demonstrated any material issue that could be resolved only by inspecting the crime scene.

Daniel Asiedu, also known as Sexy Don Don, has been charged with murder while Vincent Bossu faces a charge of abetment — charges they have all denied.

At the last adjourned date, the security of the late MP Apraku gave his account of happenings that led to the death of his boss.

He told the court he panicked when he saw a ladder placed beside the building leading to the late Abuakwa North MP’s bedroom.

According to him, the ladder’s position was strange as it was kept at a different location before the night of the murder.

Apraku is the second prosecution witness.

The driver of the late MP, Samuel Berko Sarkodie, also testified and has since been discharged.

READ ALSO: I said Goodbye only to hear of his death 2 hours later – Driver



The provisional facts of the prosecution were that the former MP lived with his family at Shiashie, near East Legon, a suburb of Accra.

The accused persons’ Daniel Asiedu and Vincent Bosso, lived at Agbogbloshie, also in Accra.

According to the prosecution, between February 8 and 9, 2016, the late legislator was chauffeured home in his private car.

The driver handed over the ignition keys of the car to Mr Danquah-Adu and left for home, after which the MP retired to bed in a room located on the first floor of his house.

On February 9, 2016, at about 1 am, Asiedu and Bosso, armed with a catapult, cutter and sharp knife, went to the legislator’s house.

Bosso had assisted Asiedu to enter the house by scaling the wall on the blind side of a security man who was fast asleep.

On entering the house, Asiedu picked a ladder, climbed onto a porch on the top floor, and entered the MP’s bedroom through a window while Mr Danquah-Adu was sleeping.

While Asiedu was searching the room, the MP woke up and held him. A struggle ensued during which Asiedu stabbed the MP in the right chest above the breast.

The MP consequently held the knife, and Asiedu pulled it through his hand, leaving a deep cut in his palm.

The legislator bled profusely and fell by his bed, after which Asiedu stabbed him several times in his right chest and neck.

On realising that the MP was dying, Asiedu left the room and took with him three iPhones and absconded with his accomplice.

Asiedu and Bosso have since been charged with murder and abetment of crime in the murder of the late MP.

They both pleaded not guilty to charges of conspiracy to commit robbery. Asiedu, on the other hand, has pleaded not guilty to murder and robbery.

Four years after the gruesome murder of the former MP, justice is yet to be served in the case.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You might also like