-Advertisement-

-Advertisement-

Kevin Spacey charged with four sexual assaults ahead of London court appearance

Scandal-scarred actor Kevin Spacey was formally charged with sexual assaults against three men in the UK as he’s expected to appear in a London court this week, British police said.

The troubled Hollywood star, 62, was questioned by cops in 2019 about claims by several men who said he assaulted them during his time as the artistic director of London’s Old Vic theatre between 2004 and 2015.

The alleged victims are all now in their 30s and 40s.

Four of the alleged incidents took place in London between March 2005 and August 2008, and one in Gloucestershire, England, in April 2013.

Spacey is accused of four counts of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

The two-time Oscar winner — known for starring in “House of Cards,” “The Usual Suspects” and “American Beauty” — is due to appear at London’s Westminster Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Spacey’s reps did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment.

Last month, Spacey revealed plans to “voluntarily appear” before the UK courts in a bid to defend himself against the allegations.

The actor — who came out as gay in 2017 — said he’s “confident” he will be able to prove his innocence in court.

Kevin Spacey charged with four sexual assaults ahead of London court appearance

“While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the U.K. as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence,” he said in a statement to Good Morning America.

Spacey’s glittering career came to a screeching halt in 2017 when “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp accused the then-26-year-old star of assaulting him at a party in 1986 when Rapp was just 14.

In addition to Rapp’s claim, another man filed a lawsuit in 2020 accusing Spacey of sexual assaults in the 1980s when they were teenagers.

The two accusers filed their claims under New York’s Child Victims Act, which allows victims of childhood abuse to file civil suits against their alleged abuser even after the statute of limitations.

Spacey vehemently denies the allegations and says he didn’t recall the incidents.

An October 4 trial date has been set for Rapp’s case against Spacey.

Kevin Spacey charged with four sexual assaults ahead of London court appearance

Spacey was written out of the final season of “House of Cards,” a move the showrunners agree needed to be made.

In another major blow to his Hollywood status, Spacey was cut from Ridley Scott’s 2017 film, “All The Money In The World.” The film, which starred Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg, was completed with Spacey cast as the lead.

After sexual misconduct allegations were made against Spacey, he was instantly cut from the movie. Christopher Plummer stepped into the role as reshoots began almost immediately.

 

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.