Parts of Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in flames

The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital was gutted by fire in the afternoon of  Monday, November 30, 2020.

The cause of the fire has been linked to a faulty electrical cable.

Three coronavirus patients who were on admission at the centre have been transferred to the University of Ghana Medical Centre for treatment.

According to the Public Relations Officer of the Korle-Bu Teaching hospital, Mustapha Salifu, no casualties were recorded during the outbreak.

“The fire was detected early, so we were able to handle it as soon it started, COVID-19 patients are safe and under control. There were also no casualties involved as a result of the outbreak,” he said.

He hinted that there would be a refurbishment of the ICU for operations to continue.

This is about the fourth time a fire outbreak has been recorded in the capital this month.

The first was the Odwana pedestrian mall at Kwame Nkrumah circle, then parts of Sakumono school complex and the Liberty branch of the GCB on Saturday, November 28, 2020.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You might also like