12-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted At Kasoa
A 12-year-old boy has been electrocuted at Yellow Container, a suburb of Kasoa in the Awutu Senya East Municipality in the Central Region.
The incident happened on Tuesday, September 19.
The grandparents of the deceased are said to have heard him scream for help at the back of their house, but before they got to the scene, he had died.
Information gathered indicates that the young boy, who was on vacation and staying with his grandmother, unknowingly stepped on a naked electric cable on the ground, which immediately electrocuted him.
Police were informed and conveyed the body to the morgue.
The police have since commenced an investigation into the incident.
Cases of electrocution have become rampant in recent times.
Residents in the Oyoko Electoral Area in Fiapre were left in shock after waking up to see the young man, who is popularly known as Alkaline, lying lifeless in the electrical shop owned by one Mr Daniel Bronya.
Jacob was returning from the farm with his elder brother but died immediately after he was electrocuted.
He was reportedly transporting firewood from the farm when his leg got caught up in a naked electrical cable.
The victim, identified as Yaw Aputu, who had little background in electricals, was hired by some community members to fix a problem on the pole.
They had reportedly experienced low power voltage for some time without getting the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) to fix it. He was, however, electrocuted in the process and died instantly.