14 Dressing Rules That Everyone Should Learn Once and for All
“Dress shabbily, and they remember the dress; dress impeccably, and they remember the woman,” Coco Chanel said.
It’s hard to disagree with her because clothes are a very important part of our image.
Any flaw can be noticed — especially when you are going to meet someone for the first time.
Bright Side has collected the most basic rules that will help you to look perfect all the time.
1. The middle button on a jacket should always be closed. The upper one depends on your mood. The lower one should never be closed.
2. When you are wearing a shirt or a blouse, you can unbutton no more than 2 buttons.
3. Wear earrings that match your bracelet and a necklace that goes well with your ring. 3 or 4 things in one look are too much.
4. The tip of your tie should reach your waist and cross it just a little.
5. Opt for either a miniskirt or cleavage. Both at once look too vulgar.
6. If you are wearing a shirt without a jacket, you don’t need a tie.
7. Your office shirt cleavage should not be deeper than 4″ from your collarbone.
8. If you tucked in your shirt, you should wear a belt.
9. Your naked skin should not be seen between your cardigan and your jeans. Wear a top if necessary.
10. Your belt should be the same colour as your shoes.
11. All visible tags on clothes should be cut off.
12. Don’t wear too many prints. You can wear 2 different prints of the same colour or 2 coordinating prints of different sizes.
13. Your socks should be long enough that your naked legs aren’t seen when you are sitting.
14. An office blouse without sleeves should cover your shoulders. “Spaghetti” straps are not okay informal situations.