A 22-year-old man, Prosper Gyasi, is battling for his life at the Twifo Praso District Hospital in the Twifo Atimorkwa District of the Central Region after being electrocuted.
According to natives of the town, “the victim is believed to have encountered some spirits whiles at home, and the spirits demanded sacrifices from him three days after he had visited the River Pra to seek their protection for his life”.
They narrated that “Prosper had earlier visited the spirits with some schnapps and bread as an offering to them”.
Since then, he had been acting strangely, with thoughts of committing suicide. On Thursday, October 20, 2022, he climbed an electricity transformer pole and got electrocuted.
The police in the Twifo Atimorkwa District said they received a distress call at about 6:00 am on Monday that a young man in his 20s had been electrocuted at Twifo Praso New Market after climbing an ECG transformer behind SUNTURK Supermarket.
Upon hearing the information, the security personnel rushed to the scene and found the victim with severe burns on his face, head, legs, and hands.
The victim was then rushed to the Twifo Praso District Hospital for treatment, where he was admitted and currently responding to treatment.