African Club Association to be launched by CAF on Thursday in Cairo
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) is poised to unveil the African Club Association (ACA) in a grand launch scheduled for Thursday, 30 November 2023, in Cairo, Egypt.
The event will witness the gathering of distinguished senior executives and Club Chairpersons from prominent African football clubs, converging at the prestigious Marriot Mena House to witness the inauguration of this pivotal entity.
Among the esteemed attendees is CAF President, Dr Patrice Motsepe, signaling the significance and high-profile nature of the occasion.
The birth of the African Club Association marks a significant step forward, promising to bring about transformative changes in the administration and collaboration of football clubs across the continent.
The ACA meeting will be followed by a press conference to be addressed by CAF President together with ACA members to be streamed live on CAF platforms.
The African Club Association aims to bring together stakeholders from across the African football landscape, fostering collaboration, innovation, and excellence within the continent’s club football scene.
The kick-off meeting between African Clubs and CAF President Dr Motsepe was held on 05 October 2023. Dr Motsepe briefed the African Club Chairmen about the formation of the African Club Association whose objectives include to:
- protect and promote the interest of African Football Clubs.
- ensure that African Football Clubs are commercially viable, globally competitive and profitable.
- ensure that Referees, Match Commissioners and VAR operators are respected, credible, independent and world-class.
- build partnerships with sponsors, the private sector and Governments to build stadiums that comply with CAF and FIFA standards and other football infrastructure and facilities in each of the 54 CAF Member Associations.
- develop African youth talent, academies for Boys and Girls and improve the quality of African Club football to be world class.