How To Grow Onions From Bulbs At Home
The time is now to grow some scallions from bulbs! I recently planted some onions in my garden and took some photos with my phone in the process. Growing onions at home is quite easy and here I want to share with you how to grow onions from bulbs in pots! That’s right it works even when you don’t have a backyard and can only grow vegetables in pots.
- Fill a pot to 2/3 with compost or soil suitable for growing green onions.
- Plant small onion bulbs about 2/3 inch (2 cm) into the soil.
- Make sure to space out your onion bulbs, so that they have room to grow. Leave about 1-2 inches or 3-5 cm distance between the onion bulbs.
- Cover the onion bulbs with soil, then water to cover the soil everywhere.
- Grow your onions at mild temperature – between 50-77F or 10-25C in a sunny spot at home. Keep in mind to keep the soil moist most of the time to speed up and enhance the growing process.
- Harvest your scallions at max 10 inches or 25 cm tall.