Man Who Shot at Kade chief fined GH¢5,000

Source The Ghana Report

A 42-year-old man who opened fire on the Chief of Akyem Kade, Osabarima Agyare Tinadu II, at a funeral ground at Kade has been fined GH¢5,000.

This was made known after he appeared before the Kade Circuit Court on Tuesday, August 13.

The suspect, Osei Forson Kwadwo, was arrested by the police for shooting at the chief and his entourage to drive them out at a funeral grounds last Saturday, August 10.

“He was taken to court, and he was charged and fined for indiscriminately firing gunshots. There is another charge which the security service arrested him for. The chief himself has also levelled allegations against him, but he is yet to be charged for that. The investigation is still going on for that criminal allegation by the chief,” Municipal Chief Executive for Kwaebirim, Seth Antwi Bosiako, revealed.

“There are suspicions that the suspect could have been hired to kill the chief over a protracted chieftaincy matter,” he added.

Assassination attempts on chiefs are becoming rampant in the Ghanaian setting as there have been numerous reported cases on this issue.

In December 2021, assassination attempts were made on the Chief of Gomoa Fetteh, Nana Abor Atta II.

The police managed to foil the assassination attempt by killing five of the assailants on the spot while the remaining three fled the scene.

It is believed that the assailants were contracted by unknown persons to carry out the assassination.

According to the police, they had received intelligence on the assassination plan and thus had laid “ambush for the assailants who had arrived in a Taxi with registration number GG 3427-21 with guns”.

Upon reaching Gomoa Fetteh Cemetery, police officers with AK47s fired at them, leading to the death of five of the assailants.

Speaking about the incident, Nana Abor Atta II, said he had earlier heard of a plan to assassinate him and his Abusuapanyin but had not given it much thought.

“We initially picked intelligence, but we didn’t take it seriously until it happened. As Chief of Gomoa Fetteh, I was taken through the proper process of ascending the throne. But I am surprised that some persons have planned to kill me. I want to thank the police for the swift response in saving my life,” he stated.


Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You might also like