Meghan Markle, Prince Harry planning home birth for second child
Meghan Markle is planning a home birth for her second child with Prince Harry at their sprawling Montecito estate.
The Duchess of Sussex is expecting her daughter in early summer, royal sources tell us, and the baby will be the first-ever royal to be born in the US.
While pregnant with her son Archie, Markle initially dreamed of having a home birth at Frogmore Cottage, the UK home she shared with Harry, while attended by an all-female midwife team.
But when Archie was a week overdue, Markle was taken to London’s private Portland hospital, where she gave birth in the early hours on May 6, 2019, with Harry by her side.
“Meghan’s plan was to have a home birth with Archie, but you know what they say about the best-laid plans,” a source told us. “In the end, her doctors advised her to go to hospital and all she was interested in was about delivering Archie safely.
The source added, “But she has a beautiful home in California, it’s a beautiful setting to give birth to her baby girl.”
As we revealed, Markle, 39, and Harry, 36, bought their $14.5 million Montecito estate last year after quitting their senior roles in the royal family and moving to California.
They announced they were having a girl in their bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview earlier this month as Markle displayed a bump on camera. She said she was due in the summer, but did not give the exact timing.