Namibians die after eating suspected toxic porridge

Thirteen people have died in a span of three days and four others have been admitted to hospital in critical condition after eating suspected toxic food in Namibia.

Local media report that all are from a household of 22 people in Kayova village, in north-eastern Kavango region.

Most of those who died were children and are reported to have been in desperate need of food.

State broadcaster NBC quoted the health ministry as saying that the family had consumed porridge made with pearl millet flour and pounded fermented sediment from a homemade beverage.

The ministry has sent a team of workers to provide psycho-social support and counselling to the bereaved family.

Samples of the porridge have reportedly been sent to South Africa to test for food poisoning.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You might also like
where to buy viagra buy generic 100mg viagra online
buy amoxicillin online can you buy amoxicillin over the counter
buy ivermectin online buy ivermectin for humans
viagra before and after photos how long does viagra last
buy viagra online where can i buy viagra