-Advertisement-

-Advertisement-

Only essential travels should be undertaken to China – Ministry advises

Source The Ghana Report

The government has cautioned the public against travelling to China amid a surge in COVID-19 cases.

The Foreign Affairs Ministry, in a press release, said as much as possible only essential trips to China should be undertaken.

In the event that one is compelled to travel, the sector ministry advised that all precautionary measures should be taken.

The ministry also stated that “effective Friday, January 6, all persons travelling from China to Ghana will have to produce a 48-hour negative PCR test and undergo mandatory antigen testing at a point of entry free of charge until further notice”.

In addition, passengers from China would have to undergo a mandatory COVID-19 test on arrival.

Since November last year, China has witnessed a surge in cases after lifting the most severe restrictions.

It will be recalled that the Ghana Health Service (GHS), on January 2, 2023, announced that it was reviewing COVID-19 preventive measures due to soaring cases in China and other countries.

According to the GHS, despite the consistent decline in COVID-19 cases in Ghana over the past three months, the change in the global situation, particularly in China, poses a significant threat to the importation of the virus and a new wave of COVID-19 infection in the country.

A statement from the health service said the situation calls for tightening and reviewing of existing measures to avert further outbreaks.

The Ghana Airports Company has revised its COVID-19 guidelines since the concern was raised.

Below is the press release from the ministry

 

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You might also like