Provide Amoabeng, others with all documents – Court directs A-G
A Commercial High Court in Accra has ordered the Attorney General to make available all court documents relating to the case of the former Chief Executive of the defunct UT Bank, Prince K. Amoabeng, and the four others standing trial for the collapse of the bank.
The presiding judge, Justice Philip Bright Mensah, also gave the department up to June 22, to file the disclosures and serve it on the defence team.
A Chief State Attorney, Frances Mullen Ansah, indicated to the court that the initial return date of the case was June 23, 2020, but they had a notice that the time had been brought forward to Thursday.
She, however, told the court that they were working to have the trial documents filed and served on the accused persons with the said date in mind.
The court, then, ordered the A-G’s Department to file all the necessary trial documents it would rely on in the trial.
The case has been adjourned to June 25, 2020.
The court had earlier issued a directive to the A-G to serve the former Finance Minister, Dr Kwabena Duffuor and others with court documents before June 15.