Six-year-old boy dies from TV antenna electrocution
Police in the Ashanti Region have launched investigations into the death of a six-year-old boy who was electrocuted at Anwomaso in the Ashanti Region.
Maxwell Tawiah was electrocuted on May 27 at about 4:00 pm while playing with an outdoor television antenna which had come into contact with exposed electricity cables.
The death of the boy has left the parents mourning their second loss in just one month.
Maxwell’s two-week-old brother also perished exactly a month before on April 27.
Maxwell, who was playing outside, screamed on top of his voice after the current ran through his body, drawing the attention of a neighbour.
The woman received minor shocks in an attempt to save Maxwell. The boy was pronounced dead after neighbours managed to rush him to the Kumasi South Hospital.
Father of the deceased, Kofi Ackon, wailed uncontrollably as he narrated the heartache the deaths have caused him to Joy News.
“The baby died on April 27, 2020. The death of the oldest son also followed in less than a month. It is painful to lose all my children under these bizarre circumstances. Though the death of the first one hit me, the second incident is too painful for me,” Mr Ackon explained.
He narrated that the police requested for inspection when they visited the house. It was discovered that a broken electricity cable that connected the houses fell on the roof and came into contact with the TV antenna which was attached to the house.
The demise of Mr Ackon’s children is shocking considering the circumstances of the deaths with the two boys sharing the same birth month.
Mr Ackon’s wife left their first child in his custody when the baby died under strange circumstances.