37-year-old woman electrocuted at Assin Dansame

Source The Ghana Report

A 37-year-old onion seller has died from an electric shock at Assin Dansame in the Assin North District of the Central Region.

The deceased, Maame B, is reported to have accidentally touched a live electricity cable while attempting to lift the cable after realizing it had fallen, resulting in her death instantly.

The three children of the deceased came to the house after playing outside, only to meet the lifeless body of their mother on the floor.

But the children, out of fear they could also be electrocuted, could not touch their mother, who was lying on the ground in a supine position.

They raised an alarm, after which neighbours rushed to the scene to see the lifeless body.

Police officers from the Assin North District Police Command have conveyed the body to the Assin Fosu Hospital mortuary for autopsy and preservation.

This incident comes after a 20-year-old welder apprentice, Felix Ayetey, died in a tragic electrocution accident at an electric welding shop near Akwadum, a community along the Koforidua-Suhum road.

The incident occurred on Monday morning, April 15, 2024.

The incident happened while Ayetey was operating a welding machine.

Upon receiving the distressing report, police personnel from Akwadum Police Station swiftly responded; unfortunately, Ayetey was pronounced dead upon their arrival at the hospital.

Throughout 2023, almost every month recorded one or more electrocutions. Degrees of electrical accidents have ranged from burns to cardiac arrest and mostly death.

In September 2023, a 12-year-old boy was electrocuted at Yellow Container, a suburb of Kasoa, in the Awutu Senya East Municipality in the Central region.

The young boy, who was staying with his grandmother during his vacation, unknowingly stepped on a naked electric cable on the ground behind their house, which immediately electrocuted him.

Also, in November 2023, two people were left in critical condition after they were shocked by an ECG high-tension pole at Jei-Krodua in the Awutu Senya West District of the Central Region.

Both victims were attending to the call of nature on separate days when the incidents happened.

According to residents, the pole had become a death trap in the vicinity, and all calls to ECG to fix it had gone unanswered.

Again, a young boy believed to be about 17 years old was electrocuted after he attempted to steal from an electrical shop at Fiapre, in the Sunyani West Municipality of the Bono Region in August 2023.

The young man, who was popularly known as Alkaline, was found lying lifeless in the shop when residents woke up.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You might also like